Jamie Fender

Photographer

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!!

I went to a conference for photographers in Las Vegas the end of March. It was with the Digital Wedding Forum. I got to meet some of the greatest wedding photographers out there. It was enlightening, inspiring and motivating! My 3 top speakers were the Boutwells, Parker J Phister, and Joe Buissnik. Oh, and John Michael Cooper, he didn't speak, but we got to observe him doing a shoot with a bride and groom. Here's his site www.altf.com/

So anyway, I had a blast, took a few shots myself, but mostly just networked and tried to soak up everything I could!

First night there, I hit the strip, lost $80 bucks and realized gambling wasn't for me. So I resulted to taking pictures instead.










So the following day, rented a car and headed out to Red Rock Canyon. Funny thing there, we rented the economy car, but they were out of those, so we got an H3 instead for no additional cost!! Had so much fun looking around the state park. Took the H3 down some dirt roads, one even had a sign that said "not a mantianed rode, drive at your own risk!" LOL!! It just amazes me how different the country is out there! The desert and mountains are just so different and so beautiful, unlike anything I've ever seen before.






I also had the opportunity to go to a dry lake bad outside the city and caught this shot....

1 Comments:

Blogger c r y s t a l said...

I'm so jealous, girl! Know you had a blast, but so glad I didn't go! hahaa!! I would have had Brayson in Vegas......eeek!

I'm in Little Rock every day these days....maybe we can catch lunch sometime..... :)

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home